Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Becoming a mom is one of the most amazing times in a woman’s existence. From the moment you decide to become a mother, caring for yourself is of the utmost priority. You are transforming moment to moment. Your body is creating a new life about to enter into the world!
The entire process of pregnancy should be fun and enjoyable and not a time of suffering with pain and discomfort. At Pea and the Pod Chiropractic, you will find that our Delaware chiropractors are specialized in pregnancy Chiropractic Care and are certified in the Webster Technique, a unique adjustment developed just for pregnant women. Dr. Brenda Fairchild has also designed a custom one-of-a-kind table just for moms-to-be so that they are able to lay on their stomach. We strive to go above and beyond the average chiropractic office! From the moment you arrive you will see that we cater specifically to pregnant women, mothers, and children.
Many moms are concerned about the baby and if the adjustments will hurt them. ABSOLUTLY NOT. If fact, the babies love when mom gets adjusted! They kick and move all over! A baby that moves is a happy and strong baby, and more mentally and physically developed because baby has more room to grow. The Webster Technique is a specific and gentle adjustment of the pelvis, sacrum, lumbar spine and your body’s muscles and ligaments. This technique makes more room in the pelvis for baby to move, grow, and develop. Due to the increase of the hormone Relaxin which loosens up your joints during pregnancy, a gentle touch is the best approach. You will notice that Dr. Brenda has a very gentle touch, making chiropractic adjustments comfortable every time.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care during Pregnancy
- Allows for easier and more enjoyable pregnancy
- Proper baby positioning can help with having more productive contractions during labor resulting in a faster birth process
- Desired body alignment means less aches and pains from the increased weight gain, Relaxin, and other hormones
- Baby has maximum room to move and develop their spine and cranium; stronger and less colicky baby.
- Can decrease birth trauma and dystocia (difficult birth)
- Optimize health benefits
- Mom and baby will be getting all of the oxygen and nutrients they need
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, call Pea and the Pod Chiropractic today at 302.455.PEAS (7327).
- Backache of Pregnancy
- Desire for Improved Posture
- Desire to Maintain Healthier Pregnancy
- Baby not in Optimal Position
- Getting body ready for VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Neck Pain
- Desire to Reduce Labor and Delivery Time
- Hip Pain
- Pre-Term Labor
- Symphysis Pubis Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bell’s Palsy
- Desire to Reduce the Possibility of C-Section
- Desire to Decrease Dystocia (difficult birth)
- Desire to Enhance the Baby’s Health
- Meralgia Paresthetica (Pain and Numbness on the side of Thigh)
- High Blood Pressure
- Desire to Improve Diet and Nutrition
- Feet and Leg Pain
- Round Ligament Pain